Thursday, April 12, 2012

Traveling: It's in My Blood Not My Bank Account


I love to travel. It’s in my blood. Growing up, all my mom ever wanted to do was travel to new places. As a kid, my winter and spring break from school was spent on the road traveling to places that would add excitement to my life and expand my mind. Over the years, my love of traveling has continued to grow exponentially. I always like to have a trip in the works. If I don’t have any sort of travels plans already in process of being made or already made, I just feel incomplete. Honestly, I blame my mom for this. She is always talking about going on trips, which leads me to feeling the urge to make plans to travel someplace exciting.


As a college student who has limited funds, my love of traveling makes things hard. Whenever I want to just up and leave on a trip, I have to take a step back and look at my bank account. I wish I had the ability to leave on a trip at the drop of a hat without thinking about money, but unfortunately I’m not that lucky. Lately, money has become a huge issue in preventing me from traveling. While I haven’t been able to go on as many trips as I would like, the trips I have been on have taught me how to spend as little money as possible when I do travel.



In today’s day in age, there are so many resources available to people whom like to travel. People used to have to visit a travel agent to book a trip. These visits would become expensive because not only are you paying for the trip; you also have to pay the agent for helping you. The resources available to travelers make life so much easier and cheaper. But to make these resources beneficial to you, you have to understand how to use them properly.

In this blog, I will help my fellow college students and other travel lovers, learn how to travel on a limited budget. I will explain all of the techniques that I have used over the years make traveling cheaper and even more fun. By following along with the blog, I will help you understand that you are able to lead a traveling life without having to break your bank account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment