Thursday, April 26, 2012

The More the Merrier

Nobody likes to travel alone! Trips are much more fun when you invite your friends along. This is why when you are planning a vacation, the more the merrier is a motto I like to follow.


There are so many reasons traveling with a group of people is a great idea. Number 1 is the great time you will have. When traveling with a group of people, the things you do become more exciting. You get to see things through a different set of eyes. While you may not like the attraction your at, you learn to appreciate it because your friends are having a good time. The trip also produces alot more memories. When traveling alone, you get to do things that you want to do but the memories wont be as pronounced as when you are with a group of friends. When traveling with friends, everything can turn into a good time. The jokes you tell at dinner and the long conversations you have on the road make the trip so much more memorable. One of my favorite memories of a trip with my friends was when we went to Toronto and got dressed up to go out to dinner. While I could have done this by myself, being with my friends was so much more fun because we got to talk and joke all through dinner. This night will stay in my memory for a very long time. 

The number 2 reason to travel with friends is that it makes the drive a lot easier. A long road trip can cause problems when you are traveling alone. Spending all day on the road and behind the wheel becomes exhausting. Thats why, when you plan a road trip, having friends along for the ride is great because everyone can take turns driving. Along with taking turns driving, you can make the trip go alot faster because you have people to talk too. My favorite part of my drive to Toronto with my friends was listening to a bunch of CDs from the 90's. I'm talking full on Brittany Spears, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync and 98 Degrees. Not only did this create great memories with my friends but it also brought back a bunch of memories from when I was younger. 

The final and most important reason I love to travel with a group of friends is it makes everything Cheaper. As a broke college student, my goal of all my trips is to make things as least expensive as possible. When traveling with a group of people you get to split the cost of so many things! So the gas, hotel, parking and cabs are all split. So say you spend $80 a night on a hotel, you stay three nights with four people in the room, well after all the math is done, you are only spending $60 total for the three nights. Right there you saved $180 on the room alone. With that being said, there are so many things that you can split with the people on the trip to make things less expensive. 

What do you find to be the most expensive aspect of traveling? What area do you need help saving money in when you travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment